- 1 (28 ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, like peas, carrots, corn, and green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 2 1/ 2 cups water
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons ketchup, or tomato paste
Add all of the listed ingredients into a 3 quart (or larger) sized pot and then stir. If the onion powder doesn’t completely dissolve, don’t worry – it will once the soup is warmed.
Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 -15 minutes. That’s it – enjoy!
Note: Other fun ingredients to consider adding are frozen wild or brown rice, pre-cooked pasta (add just before serving), frozen butternut squash cubes, or a second type of bean, such as red kidney beans or black beans. Or, anything else your veg-loving heart desires!