- 2 8 oz. packages of Beyond Meat Plant Based Burger Patties
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseeds
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 finely chopped Red Onion
- 1 cup Dry Quick Oats
- 4 tablespoons Ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Soy Sauce (or Tamari for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 scant teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Better
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling at the end
- Optional: Burger buns of choice plus toppings such as lettuce, BBQ sauce and/or ketchup.
First in a small bowl, add the ground flaxseed and the water, and set it aside for at least two minutes.
In the meantime, add all of the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Afterwards, add the flaxseed/water mixture and stir again.
Start warming a skillet or frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray the surface with oil. This oil will prevent sticking and also help create a nice crispy texture to the surface of the burgers.
Form the Beyond Meat mixture into six patties and then gently add them to your hot skillet. You may need to cook them in two batches, depending on the size of your pan.
Cook these burgers on each side for about four to five minutes. Note – they’ll still have a slightly pink color even when they’re done cooking. This is partly due to the ketchup in the recipe!
Sprinkle the top of each patty with a little salt and pepper before serving.
Optional but recommended step: After removing the burgers from the skillet, add your burger buns to the pan cut side down so they become all nice and toasty! This really adds a nice extra touch.
Lastly, build your burgers with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!