- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded leftover chicken
- pinch of ground cumin
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole purple cabbage leaves
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- toppings: fresh cilantro, sunflower sprouts, black sesame seeds
In a medium saucepan, cover the squash with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Mash squash with a fork until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat sesame oil until shimmering and add chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cumin.
In a medium bowl, combine tahini and lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Add in chickpeas.
To assemble, place cabbage leaves on plate and layer with the chopped romaine, squash puree, chicken, chickpea tahini sauce, and avocado. Finish with toppings of choice and serve.