- 8 slices of bread
- 350 milliliter almond milk
- 5 tablespoons grounded flaxseed
- 6 soft medjool dates
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 70 gram sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- 250 gram berries for topping
- 6 tablespoons liquid sweetner, for example agave or maple srup
- sprinkle of powdered sugar
Put the almond milk, soft dates, vanilla extrakt and flaxseeds in a mixer and pulls everything together until you get a slightly thick batter.
Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and prepare your coating station.
Get yoursef two deep plates and fill them seperatly with the liquid batter and your sliced almonds.
Take on slice of bread and coat both sides with the almondmilk-mixture. The bread should be very wet and should soak up some of the milk.
Place the wet bread into the plate with the sliced almonds and press it into the topping. The bread should be coated on both sides with the nuts.
Place the coated and soft slice of bread in the heated pan and fry it off, for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Do the same with the remaining slices.
Serve the almond french toast right out of the pan, so it is still warm.
Pair it with some fresh berries, a good drizzle of your sweetner of choice and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.