Spicy Green Bean Salsa
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 3/ 4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1/ 2 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/ 3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 3 tablespoons Brightland Olive Oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper, such as Diaspora, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine shallots, lime juice and zest, vinegar, agave, mustard, garlic powder amd cumin. Mix to combine and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water, set aside. Cook green beans for 3 minutes, submerge in ice water to stop the cooking process and preserve their bright green color. Once cool, finely chop the greens beans and add them to the bowl with the dressing.
Add bell pepper, cilantro, jalapeño and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve with chips for dipping.