Melted Montasio Cheese Crostini With Mushrooms And Shaved Piave
Prep time 5mins
Cook time 10mins
Serves or Makes: 24
- 1 small baguette, sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 1/ 2 pound Montasio PDO, sliced
For the mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, up to 2 tablespoons
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt, to taste
- Piave PDO, for finishing
Preheat Oven to 400°F.
While the oven preheats, heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Once hot, add olive oil, chopped mushrooms, thyme and salt to taste. Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
Place sliced bread on a parchment lined baking tray. Top with a slice of Montasio PDO cheese large enough to cover the surface of the crostini slice and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of prepared mushrooms over the melted cheese crostini and top with finely shaved Piave PDO cheese. Serve immediately.