- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoon filtered water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/ 2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/ 4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Zest orange
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/ 3 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Combine the ground flaxseeds and water, set aside for 15 minutes or until it forms a gel-like consistency. Set aside.
Sift almond flour and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sifted almond flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, baking powder, sea salt, and ground clove and mix well. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, add the orange juice, honey, orange zest, unsweetened almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and flax seed mixture. Whisk ingredients together and add the walnuts. Gently add this mixture to the almond flour mixture.
Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry. Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing into small squares. Store any leftovers in a sealed container the refrigerator for up to 7 days.