For the Crust
- 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds
- 2/ 3 cup dry roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
To Make the Crust
Line the base of a 16 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
Place almonds and cashews in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. Add agave, coconut oil, and cacao powder. Process until the mixture sticks together. Adjust sweetness.
Once it’s all combined, press the crust mixture into the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly.
For the Coconut Chocolate Layer
- 2 cups cashews, (soaked 4-5 hours and rinsed)
- 1/ 2 cup coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/ 4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
To Make the Coconut Chocolate Layer
After soaking cashews in water for a couple of hours, drain them well and place them in a high-speed blender. Add coconut cream (the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk), agave, coconut oil, and lemon juice and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness.
Gently stir in chopped dark chocolate pieces and layer the filling on top of the crust.
Tip 1: Before adding chopped chocolate pieces make sure the filling is not warm or chocolate will melt (it can be a bit warm after blending. If so, you should put it in the fridge for 10 minutes). Also, it's best if you put chopped chocolate pieces in the freezer for half an hour before adding it to the filling to ensure that chocolate pieces won't melt.
Tip 2: Always chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
For the Maqui Berry and White Chocolate Layer
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons cashews, (soaked 4-5 hours and rinsed)
- 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/ 2 cup vegan white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maqui berry powder
- 3 tablespoons plant based milk
To Make the Maqui Berry and White Chocolate Layer
Melt white chocolate in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until smooth.
Soak cashews in water for a couple of hours. Drain them well and place them in a high-speed blender. Add coconut cream (the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk), coconut oil, agave, lemon juice, melted white chocolate, and maqui berry powder. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness if necessary. Also, if the mixture is too thick, add 3-4 tablespoons plant-based milk.
Pour the mixture on top of the first layer.
Place the cake in the freezer to set for at least 3-4 hours.
For the Topping
- 1/ 4 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
To Make the Topping
Melt dark chocolate in a medium pot over low heat.
Just before serving, use a teaspoon and drizzle the melted chocolate over the edges of the cake. Top with blueberries.