- 7 ounces dates, soaked in water for 1-2 hours
- 3 1/ 2 ounces almonds, toasted and chopped
- 3 1/ 2 ounces gluten free rolled oats
- 1 (ounce) dried apple rings, chopped
- 2 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 1 1/ 2 ounces shredded coconut
- 1/ 3 ounce white chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
Line the pan (I used 20 x 14 cm) with baking paper.
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
Drain dates and add them to the blender. Add 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil and blend shortly until you get a thick paste.
Add date paste to the bowl with dry ingredients and stir until all is well combined and the mixture sticks together. You can also use a hand mixer for this.
Press the mixture down firmly into prepared pan.
Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
- 3 ounces coconut cream, the thickened cream from a can of a full-fat coconut milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
Melt chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Stir until smooth.
Add coconut cream, melted chocolate, and agave to the blender and blend shortly until smooth. Spread the frosting on top of the cake.
Place the cake in the fridge for half an hour to allow the topping to firm up. Chop it into bars or squares.
Notes: Always chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.