- 2 pounds small Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, outer leaves removed, and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/ 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups lightly toasted pecan halves
- 1/ 2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Stir together the Brussels sprouts, 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of the salt on a small rimmed baking sheet.
Stir together the cubed sweet potatoes, the remaining 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of the maple syrup, cinnamon, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt on another small rimmed baking sheet.
Bake the vegetables, stirring and rotating the pans halfway through, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are lightly browned and the potatoes are tender.
Stir together the Brussels sprouts, potatoes, pecans, and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup, and top with the crumbled goat cheese.
TIP: If you have only one large baking sheet you can roast the Brussels sprouts and the sweet potatoes at the same time on the same pan. Just separate them, Brussels sprouts to one side, sweet potatoes to the other.