- 2 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese with herbs, divided
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- toasted bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread softened butter all over the bottoms and sides of two ramekins. Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Split the cream and herbed goat cheese in half and add into each ramekin.
Place the ramekins into a high-sided baking dish. Pour about 4 cups of boiling water into the baking dish, until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. If your ramekins have lids, put them on. If not, cover the entire baking dish with foil.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs reach your desired level of doneness. If you want runny yolks, jiggle the ramekins a bit to check the doneness - they should look slightly set but still jiggly.
Once eggs are done, remove the lids from the ramekins and season with salt and pepper. Top with chili oil, chives, and sun-dried tomatoes. Dunk your toast into the eggs for a delicious, custardy egg breakfast!