Chili Oil Noodles
- 6 ounces Asian noodles i.e. ramen or udon
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons green onions, finely sliced
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/ 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/ 2 cup neutral oil with a high smoke point i.e. avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 egg prepared to your liking, i.e. sunny side up, poached, soft-boiled
Bring a pot of water to boil and cook noodles until done. Drain and set aside.
Place garlic, ginger, green onions, ginger, shallots, chili flakes, sesame seeds, and sugar in a heat-safe bowl.
Heat oil in a small pan over medium-high heat until sizzling hot - about 350°F. Once hot, carefully pour oil into the bowl with the aromatics. Careful of splattering/sizzling oil!
To the same bowl, add soy sauce, black vinegar, sesame oil, and MSG. Mix all ingredients together.
Add chili oil to cooked noodles and mix until noodles are evenly coated. Serve with prepared egg on top. Enjoy!