- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 pound cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 1 1/ 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/ 2 pound sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) bag) Cascadian Farm Riced Cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried thyme, to taste
In a large pan heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add sliced onions and cook until soft and golden, about 4-5 minutes.
Add butternut squash and cook for about 5 more minutes, than add broth, cover with lid and cook for about 15 minutes.
In a separate pan melt the butter and add mushrooms, cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Then add cauliflower, stir well and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
When the butternut squash is soft, add mushroom and cauliflower mixture to the squash mixture. Stir well and cook for about 5 more minutes, adding more vegetable broth, if needed.
Add dried thyme and Parmesan and stir until creamy. Serve immediately.