- 1/ 2 pound gluten free pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 20 leaves fresh sage
- 3/ 4 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Add breadcrumbs and a small amount of olive oil to a skillet. Toast over medium heat until golden brown.
Melt butter in large skillet or saucepan. Turn heat to medium, add garlic and onion. Saute until translucent and fragrant. Add sage. Cook until butter turns light brown and sage wilts.
Drain the pasta. Immediately add it to the butter-sage mixture, and raise heat to medium. Add 3/4 cup water, and stir; the mixture will be loose. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until some of the water is absorbed and the pasta is perfectly done.
Stir in cheese, and season well with pepper. Add salt to taste. Top with toasted breadcrumbs.