For the Spaghetti Pie
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 2 large eggs
- 1/ 2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/ 2 cup plus 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Quick Marinara Sauce, recipe below
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/ 2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Basil, for garnish
To make the quick marinara sauce, heat a large skillet with olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add both cans of tomatoes, herbs, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes and cool slightly before using.
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Whisk the eggs, ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese in large bowl. Gradually whisk in the marinara sauce to not raise the temperature too quickly, then season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked noodles and mix well.
Transfer the spaghetti to an oiled 10″ skillet or pie dish and top with the mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool for a few minutes before slicing into wedges and serving topped with freshly torn basil.