Linguini tossed with cherry tomatoes and brussels sprouts in a super creamy sauce, thanks to vegan cream cheese. The best part is that you can add any vegetables you have on hand to this dish, making it a fantastic way to use up any leftover vegetables in your fridge.
- 1 16 oz package vegan linguini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roughly choppped
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 8 oz package vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons vegan soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly chopped basil, for garnish
To make the pasta:
Place linguine into a large pan. Add cherry tomatoes, spring onions, garlic, chili flakes and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Rip in cheese and then pour over 1 liter of water. Bring to a boil over a high heat. Cover pan, and reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Give everything a mix with a fork and then cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the sauce is clinging to the cooked pasta.
To make the brussels sprouts:
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the sprouts and a pinch of salt. Leave for 2 minutes to get a really good char and then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Add smoked paprika and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well.
Add sprouts to pasta and add soy sauce. Mix well and serve immediately with plenty of basil scattered over top.