This recipe is featured in our Recipe of the Day Newsletter. Sign up here to have our test kitchen-approved recipes delivered to your inbox!
This Butternut Squash, Apple, and Cinnamon Vanilla Soup is a soul-warming and delicious dish perfect for fall and winter. The creamy texture of the soup doesn't come from cream, but from the butternut squash! This is a great spin on a classic as the flavors of Simply Organic's Vietnamese Cinnamon and pure Vanilla Extract really shine through. We also love how this recipe showcases Vanilla Extract beyond the norm and is utilized in a savory dish.
To see more recipes using Simply Organic Spices, click here!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garam Masala
- 1 peeled and diced butternut squash
- 2 cored and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Pumpkin seeds, for serving
In a large pot, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes until translucent.
Add butternut squash, apples, vegetable broth, and salt and cover and cook for 25 minutes until butternut squash are tender and cooked through.
Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Add lime juice, Simply Organic Vanilla Extract and stir to mix well.
Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with cilantro and pumpkin seeds and serve hot.