- 1 pound vegan pasta
- 1/ 2 avocado, pit removed
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/ 2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- water, for blending (alternatively you could use olive oil)
Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
Add the pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Toss with freshly cooked pasta, add some of the cooking liquid, as needed, to thin the pesto. Serve with some extra nuts and fresh basil leaves.