Nothing says Holiday Brunch like the warming flavors of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. These light and fluffy almond flour pancakes are spiced with all of the flavors of gingerbread, but also contain another secret ingredient, Bulletproof Collagen Protein! The unflavored powder mixes easily into all of your favorite recipes adding a boost of much-needed collagen protein (20 grams!) which helps to support healthy joints, bones, skin, hair, and nails. Cooking the pancakes in Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee gives these pancakes a delicious buttery flavor. Topped with a drizzle of almond butter and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils, these protein-packed pancakes are the perfect breakfast to fuel your busy holiday mornings.
- 1 1/ 2 cups fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/ 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, melted, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate arils, for serving, optional
Add almond flour, Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves to a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
Add eggs, almond milk, almond butter, melted ghee and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick or coated cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add about 1-2 teaspoons of Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee and let melt and heat to a shimmer. Once shimmering, scoop batter into the pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake) and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve with a drizzle of almond butter and sprinkling of pomegranate arils, if desired.