- 1 lb DeLallo Whole Wheat Acini di Pepe
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen peas3
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 cup grated DeLallo Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 (4.3 oz) jar DeLallo Sweet & Tangy Pepper Drops, drained
- 1 cup diced DeLallo Black Pepper Dry Cured Sausage (about ½ 7 oz package)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions, and add peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, then toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, whisk together the buttermilk, black pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese and olive oil.
When pasta has cooled slightly, toss with the buttermilk dressing, then stir in the pepper drops, sausage and fresh parsley. Season to taste, then let chill at least 1 hour before serving. Add more freshly grated parmesan cheese on top when serving.