- 1 lb DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Orecchiette
- 1 (12 oz) jar DeLallo Roasted Red Peppers, in water, drained and chopped
- 1 (6.7 oz) jar DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drained, chopped & oil reserves
- 1 (7 oz) container DeLallo Antipasti Provoloni
- 1 cup diced DeLallo Genoa Salami (about ½ 9 oz package)
- 1/ 4 cup red wine vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- 1/ 2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, then toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
Once the pasta has cooled slightly, add roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, antipasti provoloni and toss until combined.
Add the reserved olive oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to a measuring cup and add olive oil as needed to measure ½ cup. Add olive oil to a jar with a tight fitting lid and add red wine vinegar. Shake until emulsified, that add dressing to the pasta salad. Stir in basil and arugula and season to taste with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Let chill for at least 1 hour, or more if possible before serving.
A Note from The Feedfeed: Feeling Greek? By making a few swaps you can take this Italian-inspired pasta salad south to Greece! Swap 1: Use DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Orzo instead of Whole Wheat Orecchiette.Swap 2: Skip the roasted red peppers and replace them with DeLallo Stuffed Grape Leaves. In addition to the red wine vinegar, add the juice and zest of one lemon to the dressing. Swap 3: Instead of the DeLallo Antipasti Provoloni, use DeLallo Greek Feta Salad. Swap 4: Skip the Salami and replace with 1 cup chopped cucumbers and 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes. Last but not least, hold the arugula and basil and add 2 tbsp of chopped fresh oregano instead!