A Note From feedfeed
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsp whipped cream cheese
1 tbsp olive tapenade
1 avocado, cut into checkerboard pattern
1 tsp lime juice
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 cups nuts (pistachios, almonds, cashews or walnuts)
1 cup olives (green or black)
1 cup small mozzarella balls
3 pieces fresh basil, chiffonade
2 cup berries of choice (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and/or blueberries)
1 cup grapes
1 cup figs
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
2 cups yellow or red watermelon, cut into chunks or balls
1 cup baby bell peppers
2 Persian cucumbers
1/2 cup radishes (breakfast, multi colored or watermelon)
1 cup cheese cubes
2 cups crackers (any variety)
1 cup pretzels (any shape)
1 cup freeze dried fruits or vegetables)
2 cup chips (any vegetable chips or tortilla)
10-12 slices turkey, salami, ham or pepperoni
8 pieces fruit leather
large wooden board or platter
picks or sticks
1. Using a rolling pin or wine bottle, roll out the sandwich bread and cut off just the ends of the bread.
2. Spread the bread with a thin layer of cream cheese and olive tapenade.
3. Tightly roll up the sandwich bread into a “sushi” roll and cut into 6 even pieces. Place the rolls on a large wood board or platter.
4. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut the avocado into a checkerboard pattern and squeeze with lime to prevent the avocado from browning. Place a cherry tomato in each avocado half and place on the board.
5. Place a few small bowls on the board or platter and fill with nuts, olives and mozzarella balls.
6. Alternate handfuls of fruits, vegetables, crackers and remaining snacks all of the over board until it’s totally covered with no spaces/board showing.
7. Place picks or sticks around the boards or in a seperate bowl for serving.