Teri adds whatever vegetables are in season, in this case, corn and tomatoes, to her grilled pork chop platter.
On episode 2 of Tips with Teri, she shows you how to put together this delicious Pork Chop Platter! For more great recipes from Teri @nocrumbsleft, check out her blog here!
Pork Chop Platter
8 skinny pork chops, on the bone (about 1/2 inch thick)3 cloves garlic, crushed6 ears of corn2 Tbsp butter2 Tbsp olive oil for pork chops (more reserved for toasts)Salt and pepper1 tsp Aleppo pepperArugulaMarinated onions1 small red onion1 Tbsp dried oregano1 Tbsp red wine vinegar¾ cup olive oil1/4 lb chunk Feta cheeseDemi Baguette, sliced thinly and toastedBunch of green onions and chives, chopped fine for garnish
1. Make your marinated onions - Thinly slice the red onion. Place the slices in a container and pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over. Add the dried oregano. Cover and let sit at room temperature to marinate for at least an hour.
2. Shuck the corn. Cut off the ends. Hold the corn from the top and cut off kernels with a sharp knife.
3. In a large frying pan on medium-low heat, sauté the corn in 2 tbsp butter for 5-10 minutes. Remove, salt and pepper, and set aside.
4. Salt and pepper the pork chops well. Sprinkle 1 tsp Aleppo pepper over the chops. Drizzle with olive oil and toss all together. Refrigerate and marinate for a couple of hours.
5. Slice the baguette lengthwise as thinly as you can. Brush with olive oil. Place in a 350 F oven until golden, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Grill the chops 3-4 minutes a side on a clean, hot, oiled grill. Pull off and let rest.
7. Assemble your platter. Lay down the arugula, then place the pork chops on the arugula, add a block of Feta, then tomatoes and toasted baguette slices. Top with marinated onions and drizzle with the dressing from the onions. Sprinkle with chives and green onions.