For an easy holiday appetizer, look no further than this Roast Beef Crostini made w/ Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise! Served on a garlicky, toasted baguette, these two-bite starters are the perfect way to get your party going. You might want to go ahead & make a double batch of this caper-herb spread, because it’s the perfect condiment for sandwiches, wraps & toasts.
- 1 French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, dill and chives)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound rare, thinly-sliced roast beef
- 1 handful fresh arugula
- Freshly shaved Parmesan, as needed
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Flaky salt
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange crostinis on baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toast in oven until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and rub each crostini with interior of garlic cloves.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, herbs, capers, and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread caper-herb mayonnaise on each crostini and top with one slice of roast beef, a couple arugula leaves, fresh Parmesan, a squeeze of lemon, and flaky salt. Serve immediately.