- + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, very finely chopped or ground into a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 15.5 ounces coconut milk, canned
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the coconut oil on a medium-high flame. Sautée the onions until soft and translucent for about 5 minutes. Add the ginger, curry leaves, coriander, turmeric, salt, and pepper and sautée for a minute.
Add the coconut milk and reduce the flame to low. Stir in your fridge forage haul, add green beans and carrots and cook with the lid on for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Add the shrimp in 5-8 minutes of cooking.
Uncover the pot and stir in the tamarind and cayenne, allowing the mixture to simmer for another 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Serve ladled over rice or quinoa. Freeze extras for up to 3 months.