When summer rolls around all we want is ice cream, preferably topped with the perfect sweet, bitter and tart Luxardo Cocktail. In this refreshing Ice Cream Float we used creamy vanilla ice cream as the base for a Luxardo Sour Cherry Gin Cocktail complete with Luxardo Aperitivo, Luxardo Cherry Sangue Morlacco and Luxardo Maraschino Cherries. The end result? Creamy & boozy perfection!
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces Luxardo Sour Cherry Gin
- 2 ounces Luxardo Aperitivo
- 11/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Juniper and Lemon Simple Syrup, (or regular simple syrup, recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce Luxardo Cherry Sangue Morlacco
- 2 ounces soda water, for topping
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries, for garnish
- Lemon twist, for garnish
Divide the ice cream between two collins glasses and place in the freezer while you prepare the cocktails.
To a shaker filled with ice, add Luxardo Sour Cherry Gin, Luxardo Bitter, simple syrup, lemon juice and Luxardo Cherry Sangue Morlacco. Shake for about 1 minute, or until the outside of the shaker is very cold. Strain and divide mixture over prepared glasses.
Pour into each glass with 1 ounce of soda. Garnish with Luxardo Maraschino Cherries and lemon twist before serving.
For the Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon juniper berries
- 1 lemon, zested in strips
Add sugar, juniper berries, lemon zest and a ½ cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Strain and cool before use. Extra syrup can be stored in the fridge in an airtight jar for 2 weeks.