Take your cocktail game to the next level with Spindrift Grapefruit. This smoky mezcal cocktail gets an added kick of spicy sweetness from an easy Cilantro-Jalapeño syrup and a Tajín rim gives a fun, salty punch to the cocktail. This is how you want to stay cool this summer!
For the Cilantro-Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced (seeded, if desired)
- Tajín, (or chili-lime seasoning), for serving
- 8 ounces mezcal
- 2 ounces Cilantro-Jalapeño simple syrup
- 2 (12-ounce cans) Spindrift Grapefruit
- Jalapeño slices, for garnish
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
In a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in ½ cup water. Add cilantro and jalapeño slices (de-seeded for less spice) and let steep off the heat for 10 minutes. Remove sprigs and jalapeño.
Rub the flesh of a grapefruit around the rims of 4 glasses. Spread Tajín on a plate and rub rims in seasoning. Add ice to glasses. In a cocktail shaker, mix mezcal and syrup with ice. Divide between 4 glasses, then top with Spindrift Grapefruit, dividing it evenly among the four cocktails. Garnish with jalapeño, grapefruit and serve immediately.