- 1 cup dry chickpeas, soaked in cold water over night and drained
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour, (or matzo meal)
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1 tablespoon dry cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 Handsome Brook Farm Pasture-Raised Organic Eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup colorful pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup minced, fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
Preheat oven to 200°F. In a food processor, pulse chickpeas into coarse crumbs. Transfer to a sheet pan and bake until dried but not golden. Let cool, then transfer to a bowl and stir in chickpea flour, granulated onion, dry parsley, dry cilantro, cumin, coriander, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth, adding 1 tablespoon of water to thin out if needed.
Prepare salad: In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients to combine, then set aside.
In a pot of swimming water, add 4 eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking. Dry on a plate with paper towels. Beat remaining egg in a shallow bowl, and place flour in another shallow bowl. Coat cooled eggs in flour, followed by egg and chickpea mixture, then return to coat in egg and cover in chickpea mixture another time.
Heat 2 inches of oil in a medium saucepan to 375°F. Using a slotted spoon, add eggs and fry until golden, turning as needed, 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Toss salad with some of the dressing to coat, then season with salt. Divide between bowls and top each with a fried egg. Drizzle with more dressing, then serve.