Chef Kwame Williams came in to FeedfeedBrooklyn to show us how to make his Broccoli Slaw with Creamy Avocado Dressing!
He'll be cooking at the kickoff event for Taste America: James Beard Foundation's nationwide culinary series on July 24th in New York City! Feedfeed Community Members get 15% off tickets HERE with code feedfeed15 - #TeamFeedfeed will be there too so grab your tickets and join us for the ultimate summer tasting party!
For the Broccoli Coleslaw
- 4-5 stalks broccoli, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 cup Avocado Dressing, recipe below
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
To Make the Broccoli Coleslaw
Combine the broccoli, carrots and red onion in a bowl. Pour the dressing, mustard and lemon juice over the vegetables and toss well. Add honey, salt and pepper to taste.
Store covered in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving to let flavors meld.
For the Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/ 4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/ 4 cup low fat sour cream, or greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or lemon juice, or white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce ginger juice, fresh, or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
To Make the Avocado Dressing
Place all the ingredients In a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times. Thin the salad dressing out with about 1/3 cup water (give or take) until it reaches a desired consistency. Keep in an airtight container for 1 week.