You can buy Siri's book Siriously Delicious here.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 11/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 11/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 12 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 3 inch piece English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Sriracha chile sauce or chile garlic sauce (optional)
- Chopped roasted salted peanuts (optional)
Heat the ginger, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium. Cook until the garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and water chestnuts and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the skillet, and set aside.
Add the beef to the skillet and cook, stirring to crumble, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in the skillet.
Return the beef and bell pepper mixture to the skillet. Stir in the soy sauce, lime juice, honey, fish sauce, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and cook until slightly thickened and coats the beef, about 1 minute.
Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the cilantro and mint.
Place about 1⁄4 cup of the beef mixture in each lettuce leaf. Divide the cucumber evenly among the lettuce leaves. Drizzle with Sriracha, and sprinkle with peanuts before serving, if desired.