@halfbakedharvest joined us at our FeedfeedBrooklyn space to lead a cheeseboard styling event and discuss her cookbook!
We were lucky enough to host a cheese board styling event at FeedfeedBrooklyn lead by Tieghan of @halfbakedharvest who also discussed her new cookbook: Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains publsished by Clarkson Potter. Read more about the event here.
Feedfeed Cheese Board Tips
- Let cheese sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to one hour our before serving
- Use seasonal fruit and veggies to brighten up your board (for the holidays think citrus, radishes, pomegranates, etc.)
- Arrange cheeses according to flavor profile, starting with the most mild and working to the most bold.
- Make sure you have the proper tools available to cut the cheese, and consider cutting a few chunks or slices to encourage guests to dig in!
- Serve with sweet & savory accompaniments. For savory try cured meats, pickles, hard-boiled eggs and green olives. For sweet, try local honey, nuts, fruit preserves or fresh figs.
- Make sure you have enough crackers & bread on hand; have bread sliced and ready to refill as people start eating from the platter.
- As for the types of cheese, we like to follow the advice our resident cheese expert, @cheesegrotto
, Something fresh (goat cheese, sheep ricotta, farmers cheese), Something semi soft (bloomy, washed rind), Something firm (cheddar, gouda, tomme, alpine), Something bold (blue, Gruyere)