- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Teriyaki Tofu & Vegetables
- 2 (14-ounce) blocks extra firm tofu
- 3/ 4 cup sweet teriyaki sauce
- 1/ 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 3 whole peeled rainbow carrots, cut into batons
- 6 whole pre-roasted beets
- 2 red onions, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/ 4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/ 4 cup unsweetened oat milk
Additional Bowl Contents
- 3 very thinly sliced radishes
- 2 cups sprouts
- Handful fresh cilantro sprigs
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1/ 2 cup chopped scallions
Soak rice in 4 cups lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Rinse and drain.
Add soaked rice, coconut milk, salt, and sugar to a large non-stick pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook over low heat until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat for 5 minutes, covered. Fluff with a fork.
Sheet Pan Vegetables & Teriyaki Tofu
Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place on a plate. Top with something heavy, let tofu sit 15 minutes to release as much moisture as possible.
Once dry, slice tofu into 2-inch wide sections. Place tofu to a large shallow dish. Coat to cover with teriyaki sauce. Marinade covered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Place broccoli, carrots, beets, chickpeas, and marinated tofu in sections on a large parchment paper lined sheet pan. Coat vegetables generously with olive oil, and then coat with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Transfer pan to oven for 40 minutes, tossing each vegetable section gently halfway through cook time.
Add onions, boiling water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Pickle for one hour.
Peanut Sauce &Serving
Add peanut butter, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ground ginger, and oat milk to a food processor. Process until smooth. Divide peanut sauce into small dip bowls or ramekins.
Serve a fluffy rice bed of coconut rice into bowls. Arrange tofu, roasted vegetables, and picked onions overtop. Top each bowl with shaved radish, sprouts, cilantro sprigs, black and white sesame seeds, chopped scallions, and lime wedges. Serve with peanut sauce and enjoy.