2-in1 Marinade + Dressing
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 1/ 2 cup champagne vinegar
- juice of 2 lemons, (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, patted dry with paper towels
- Sea salt, for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/ 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/ 2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/ 2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 cup cured black olives
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1/ 4 cup nuts, raw or toasted
- 1/ 4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Add olive oil, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, and fresh parsley to an 8-ounce mason jar. Seal tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
Place chicken in a large, shallow dish. Coat with half of the marinade-dressing. Place covered chicken in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until crisp and golden on both sides, about 4 minutes each side, and internal temperature reads 165F degrees on a meat thermometer. Once cooked, allow chicken to rest and cool down for 10 minutes.
As chicken rests, add greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, carrot, nuts, and feta cheese to a large serving bowl with a wide base. Slice chicken and arrange over salad. Drizzle remaining half of marinade-dressing over chicken salad. Serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator, covered.