- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/ 4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 jalapeño, chopped small
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/ 2 lime, juiced
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 cup snap peas, cut on a bias
- 1/ 4 cup chopped cilantro
- 10 ounces pad thai rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
In a small mixing bowl add peeled & deveined shrimp, olive oil, shallot, ginger, jalapeño. Stir to combine and sprinkle with salt & ground pepper.
Heat a medium cast iron to medium heat and add shrimp, cooking for 5-7 minutes total (shrimp should be tightly curled). Remove from pan and set aside.
Add curry paste and stir to combine. Add coconut milk, lime juice, coconut aminos, and coconut sugar. Simmer for 10-12 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
While sauce is cooking, prepare rice noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
After 10-12 minutes, add shrimp back to pan with sauce, along with shrimp and snap peas.
Stir in cooked pad thai noodles until evenly coated with sauce. Finish by topped with chopped cilantro and serve immediately. Enjoy!