Allie from The Health Mason created this recipe using Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce No Salt Added. She found all the ingredients at The Common Market in Frederick, VA! You can find your local co-op here and try this recipe too.
- 1/ 2 box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/ 2 cup shredded parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1/ 2 cup chopped baby kale
- 1/ 2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce No Salt Added
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomato No Salt Added
Cook the pasta shells according to package directions, but drain 1-2 minutes early. Rinse and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, kale, basil, garlic, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Drizzle oil on bottom of a large baking dish. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Spread evenly across bottom of dish.
Gently stuff the pasta shells with about 1-2 tablespoons of ricotta mixture. Lay seam side up in the baking dish. Before baking, top the shells with more Parmesan and Italian seasoning.
Bake for 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly brown. Serve hot. Let cool fully before storing in the fridge for up to 1 week.