- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 medium), very thinly sliced into rounds
- Kosher salt
- 1/ 2 cup Colavita Premium Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, plus more if needed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce package) Colavita Spaghettini Pasta
- 3/ 4 cup (about 3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup torn basil leaves, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Spread zucchini on a thin towel or paper towel and pat dry.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring for about 1 minute until fragrant and lightly browned, remove and set aside.
Increase heat to medium-high. Working in about 4 batches, add zucchini slices to garlic-infused oil, cooking until light brown in color, stirring and flipping occasionally, about 3-4 minutes total. Drain zucchini on a thin towel or paper towel. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Add more olive oil to skillet if needed. Reserve a handful of fried zucchini for serving.
Cook pasta until just al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving about 2 cups pasta water. Add pasta to skillet with garlic-infused oil. Stirring continuously, add reserved fried garlic, remaining zucchini (save some for garnish), basil, cheese and enough pasta water to create a creamy sauce (I used about 1 cup).
Top pasta with reserved zucchini, a sprinkle of cheese, basil and lots of black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing on top.