- 8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/ 4 cup La Tourangelle Olive Oil
- 2/ 3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/ 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Handsome Brook Farm Pasture-Raised Organic Eggs
- 3/ 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F and line two sheet pans with parchment. In a medium heatproof bowl, combine chocolate and olive oil. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the olive oil is incorporated.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Slowly whisk in the melted chocolate mixture to combine. In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, then add to the batter. Switch to a rubber spatula and fold in until just incorporated, then fold in chocolate chips.
Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized scoops and place 3-inches apart on prepared sheet pans. Garnish with flaky sea salt. Bake, rotating halfway through, until the tops have crackled with a matte finish, 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm.