Sweet, spicy and smoky; Just how we like our cocktails! We used Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes to make this savory cocktail, adding a new twist to a margarita.
- 3/ 4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/ 4 ounce chipotle honey (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a 7 ounce can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- 2 ounces Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato Water (from a 14.5 ounce can of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes)
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 3 drops saline solution (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/ 3 cup water
- 4 drops olive oil
- Optional Garnish: Whole Red Chili, Cucumber Ribbon
Add lemon, chipotle honey, Muir Glen Fire Roasted tomato water, mezcal and saline solution to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
Close the shaker and shake vigorously for 2 minutes. Double strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass. Add 4 drops of olive oil on top and add optional garnish.
Chipotle Honey - Add honey and adobo sauce to a small bowl and whisk until well-combined. Store in an airtight jar for up to 1 week.
For Saline water - Add salt and water to a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until clear. Transfer to a dropper dispenser for easy use