"Lox Salad - aka, why you should start eating salad for breakfast! I love whipping up for breakfast!"
Lox Breakfast Salad With Basil Green Goddess Dressing
Recipe Intro From thedefineddish
Serves or Makes: serves 4
- 2 heads butter lettuce, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1/ 2 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- Homemade Green Goddess Dressing, or dressing of choice
Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Gently lower the eggs in and cook for exactly 5 minutes (or 2 minutes longer if you prefer a more firm yolk. Run under cold water to stop the cooking, then peel.
Divide the lettuce among four bowls, then top with the smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, capers (if using), red onion and soft-boiled eggs. Drizzle with Green Goddess Dressing (or dressing of choice) and serve.