- 3 cups vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 2 red chilies
- 1 tablespoon chana daal ( split chick peas)
- 1 tablespoon urad daal (black gram)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- A small handful curry leaves
- 1/ 4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/ 4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/ 4 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/ 4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon powder black pepper
- 1 juice lime
- 2 1/ 2 cups water
- A small handful fine chopped coriander leaf
- 1 tablespoon powder turmeric
- 1 small juice lemon
In 1 tsp oil, toast vermicelli a couple of minutes till golden. Set aside.
Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil in the same pan and temper mustard seeds, asafetida, red chilies, curry leaves, chana daal, urad daal and cook for a couple of minutes till aromatic. Take care not to burn it.
Add onion and cook till it softens. Add in all the vegetables, season with turmeric, salt and black pepper. Cook for 4-5 mins. Add water, lemon and lime juice. Bring to a boil.
Lower the heat right down and pour in toasted vermicelli. Cover and let it cook for 5 mins. Turn the gas off and let it rest for 5 mins or so.
Garnish with chopped coriander and ghee.