"High in protein, tofu, is a healthy option for those meat free days."
Tofu with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Prep time 5mins
Cook time 15mins
Serves or Makes: 4
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 powder black pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped garlic
- 1 head chopped broccoli
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 2 tablespoon paste tomato
- 2 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cubes vegetable or chicken cubes
- 1 cup cream
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
Press the water out of the tofu block and cut the tofu into cubes. Sprinkle cornflour, salt and 1/2 the pepper and make sure its coated on all sides.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and fry tofu cubes till slightly browned. Keep aside.
In remaining oil, put 1 tbsp chopped garlic, stir fry a few seconds and add broccoli and sliced onions. Cook for a couple of mins.
Add 2 tbsp tomato paste, vegetable broth (or 2 vegetable broth cubes mixed with ½ cup water. If you're not vegetarian, use chicken stock or chicken cubes). Add in salt, 1 tbsp black pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and cream. Cook for a few mins.
Put in fried tofu and chopped tomato. Cook for 1 min and serve with chopped coriander. Enjoy!