- 2 boiled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 whole red chili
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon paste garlic
- 1 tablespoon paste ginger
- 2 tablespoons paste tomato
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon powder red chili/paprika
- 1 teaspoon toasted and crushed dried fenugreek/kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
In 1 tablespoon oil toast cumin seeds, mustard seeds and red chili for a minute or until fragrant.
Add chopped onion and cook until it softens.
Add ginger and garlic paste, turmeric, coriander, cumin, fennel powder, red chili powder, tomato paste and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Add potatoes and sweetcorn and stir intermittently for about 5 minutes till everything comes together.
Sprinkle black pepper, mint and crushed dried fenugreek.