- 2 beets, boiled
- 1 cup coarsely mashed black beans
- 4 carrots, boiled
- 3/ 4 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fine chopped coriander leaf
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Oil, as needed
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Cut beetroots into quarters and carrots in half. Cook in the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water till done (about 4 whistles). Drain and keep aside.
Mix the following in a large bowl: cooked (or canned) black beans (coarsely mashed) , grated boiled beets and carrots, cooked brown rice, garlic, onion, coriander leaf, egg white, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin powder, green chilies and cornstarch to bing it together.
Shape into patties. Roll in breadcrumbs very lightly. Keep in the fridge for ½ hour till the patties get firm.
Heat oil in pan and sauté patties in medium heat on both sides till browned. Drain oil and serve either in a bun or a bed of salad.