- 3/ 4 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/ 4 cups neutral neutral oil, like sunflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/ 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/ 2 cups full fat sour cream
- 1/ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/ 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/ 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/ 8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/ 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon mace
- 1/ 8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/ 8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/ 4 cups white chocolate,
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease donut pans, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil with egg and vanilla. Then whisk in sugars and sour cream until smooth.
Add the flours, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until smooth. Fold in the carrots.
Put batter into a piping bag. Cut the tip of the bag so you have a 1/2 inch opening. Then pipe out the batter into donut pans.
Bake until golden brown, or about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and as donuts cool, make the glaze.
For ganache, warm the cream and then pour over the white chocolate chips. Let it sit for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. Dip the cooled donuts into ganache and put on parchment to set. Decorate as you wish.