Cranberry Chia Pudding Parfaits
1 x 12 oz (340 grams) fresh organic cranberries
1 pear, peeled (optional) and diced
Juice of one orange
Add all ingredients to a pot with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10mins, or until the cranberries have burst and the pear has broken down. Stir well.
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 cups unsweetened plant milk (I use Almond milk)
1 tbps maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1. Add chia seeds, plant milk and maple syrup into a bowl. Whisk well to remove any clumps.
2. Cover chia mixture and store in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours
3. Prepare cranberry sauce (recipe below). Allow to cool.
4. Whisk chia pudding well before serving to remove any lumps and to ensure a smooth consistency. Add cold cranberry sauce and stir well.
5. Serve in a glass or bowl topped with fresh pear slices and a little extra maple syrup if needed (flowers in the photo are for decoration only)