Recipe for Chicken Tandoori here.
- 1 pound chicken legs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Simply Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Coriander Seed Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can tomatoes, canned crushed
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Star anise, for garnish
- Dried red chillies, for garnish
Add chicken, and yogurt to a large bowl and mix well. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a heavy bottom pot, heat oil and add bay leaf, onions and garlic. Sauté until lightly golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Add cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt, turmeric and saute for about 3 mins, add the canned tomatoes, stir to mix well.
Simmer on medium heat until the oil separates, and it is brown, about 15 minutes.
Use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
Reduce heat to low and add marinated chicken. Mix everything to incorporate well. Cover and cook for 40 minutes on low heat.
Uncover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until the gravy is thick and the chicken legs are cooked through.
Garnish with cilantro, star anise, dried red chillies and serve with steamed rice.