- 1 1/ 2 cups dry red lentils
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves peeled and minced garlic
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoon grated fine ginger
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/ 4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 1/ 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/ 2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoon juiced lime
- 1 1/ 2 cups ouinoa
- 2 cups baby spinach
Cook the quinoa as per package directions. Set aside.
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, water, garlic and ginger to the pot and cook until the onion softens and the water evaporates, about 6 minutes.
Stir in the curry powder, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute until fragrant and then stir in the lentils.
Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk, stir to combine. Bring the lentils to a gentle boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for approximately 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
Finally add the spinach in gradually and stir in until all the spinach is wilted.
Remove the pot from the heat and add in the coriander and lime juice.