"Simple healthy and creamy"
Cauliflower Mushroom Fettuccine
More from @plantpowernutritionandfitness
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 30mins
Serves or Makes: 4
- 1 pound chickpea fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/ 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/ 2 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/ 2 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3/ 4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
Steam cauliflower in a double boiler until fork tender and set aside.
In a pan heat the vegetable stock as an oil substitute. Sauté the onion and garlic on a medium/high heat for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
In a high speed blender add the cauliflower, nutritional yeast, onion, garlic, lime juice, almond milk, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
In a pan cook the sliced mushroom on a medium heat then reduce the heat to medium/low and add in the sauce mixture and fettuccine and combine well until heated through.
Top with thyme and serve.