We love this cold Korean-style soba noodle salad. Prep the gochujang sauce in advance to set yourself up for dinner hour success!
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Vegan Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Ans for similar recipes, check out our Soba Noodles feed, featuring Vegan Soba Noodle Bowl With Roasted Chickpeas And Maple Sesame Sauce by @astepfullofyou and Sesame Soba Noodle Salad by @loveandlemons.
For the Gochujang sauce
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Korean plum syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Noodle salad
- 14 ounces buckwheat noodles, cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed with cold water until water runs clear
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/ 4 red onion, julienned
- 4 handfuls baby lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- pinch toasted sesame seeds
Make the sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients together, cover, and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Add more tahini if the sauce is too spicy.
Make the noodle salad: Combine the carrot, cucumber, red onion, lettuce and noodles in a large mixing bowl. Pour on the sauce and gently fold everything together until evenly coated.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.