Alejandra from @piloncilloyvainilla made this Mexican Buddha Bowl using Cascadian Farm Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes! It's a dish that you can make in a pinch, and it will leave you feeling full, energized and better than before!
To see more recieps inspired by Cascadian Farm, click here!
- Buddha Bowl:
- 3 cups cooked rice, quinoa, or other grain of your choice
- 2 cups black beans
- 4 handfuls of greens ( spinach, collard greens, etc)
- 8 ounces of steamed spinach or other green
- 1 pound of Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Cascadian Farm
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 10 sprigs Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 radishes thinly sliced (optional)
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Cashew Chipotle Dressing:
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked for at least 30 min
- 1/ 4 of a small white onion
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
Heat the grains, the legumes, and the steamed spinach on the stove top or in a microwave. When ready divide into four serving bowls.
In a medium skillet over medium heat cook the fire roasted sweet potatoes. When warmed through serve over the beans, steamed spinach, and rice. Add a handful of fresh greens to each bowl, then top with some avocado slices.
To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in the jar of a blender and blend until smooth.
Finish bowls with the cilantro, radishes, hemp seeds and the cashew chipotle dressing.